Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Morning Cup o' Joe

(from Pinterest.com)

   It's that time of year again…

   When you think, “The weekend can’t come soon enough”…and it’s only Monday.

   I guess that’s where coffee comes in.

   My Monday morning cup o’ Joe was a Pumpkin Spice blend my mom brewed for me. First Autumn treat of the year :) 

   Of course coffee helps me get revved up for the day, but I know I need more than just a daily espresso to drink, I need an espresso for the soul.

   Every morning, I need Him to kindle in my heart the fire of His love, as one prayer says.

   Without His power and aid, my day falls apart.

   It says in Psalm 127:
   "Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain
   who build. 
   Unless the Lord guard the city, in vain does the
   guard keep watch." 


   I have to completely surrender all my plans and endeavors to Him to allow Him to work through me and accomplish His will for that day.

   I encourage you to do the same, even if it seems scary at first. 

   This prayer by Saint Ignatius of Loyola might help:

   "Take, Lord, and receive,
   My memory, my understanding, my entire will. 
   All that I have and possess. 
   You have given all to me. 
   To You I return it. 
   Dispose of it entirely according to Your will.
   Give me only Your love and Your grace.
   With these I will be rich enough 
   And will desire nothing more. Amen." 

   Have a great Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment