Saturday, August 9, 2014

Crêpes, Coffee, and Class

Saturday mornin' and the livin' is easy...


   Yes I know it looks like I’m a foodie, but my mom made us all fresh blueberry crêpes and hazelnut coffee this morning and it was such a good start to the day. I wish I could say I made them, but you know how that would turn out.

   In other news, I’ve been doing a lot of ballroom dancing lately, taking some classes with friends and going to a few ballroom social dances. I love it so much that I'm trying to convince all my friends to get into it. Once you learn a few fancy steps in waltz or cha-cha, there’s no turning back…you’re hooked. There’s nothing like the exhilarating feeling of twirling around the dance floor with a good partner. It’s such fun but can also be romantic (not to mention good exercise!)

   Dancing to old Frank Sinatra tunes and watching the 1954 movie "Sabrina" has rekindled my love for that era. The big band music, the classy outfits, the popularity of ballroom dancing...sometimes I wish we could go back to all that.
   Which is part of the reason my favorite song right now is "Classic" by MKTO.

   And, of course, it's also part of the reason I love old movies and TV shows. Some Like It Hot, Singing in the Rain, White Christmas, I Love Lucy, Dick van Dyke, Andy Griffith, you name it. The combination of good clean humor, fun music, and amazing dance sequences make them great family movie night choices.
 
   I'll leave you with a quote from Audrey Hepburn:
 


    Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! I've been doing a LOT more tap dancing lately, which is SO much fun. Adding a little hip hop and jazz in there too every now and then:)

    ReplyDelete