Saturday, July 26, 2014

Bored No More



   So my brother came up to me a few days ago and asked, “Mol, do you have anything interesting for me to do? I’m SO bored.”  That got me thinking back to the days of boredom when I was his age, and I came up with a list of things my best friend and I used to do to pass the time. Ok, things we still do. Sometimes.


1. Sing a song to a tele-marketer.


May I suggest “You Are My Sunshine.” Or Baby, It's Cold Outside.


2. Think up next year’s Halloween costumes.


Even if it’s January. Some of our best costumes have included a sandwich, a vending machine, an artist and his masterpiece, and the pair we didn’t go through with at the very last minute: laundry basket and static cling. We just couldn't stand leaving the house wearing sweatpants covered in dryer sheets.


3. Make tacky commercials for random items around the 
    house.


 Like hair spray (“Slick-Quick Hair Spray! For those days when your hair looks like an electrocuted lion!”). Or vitamin supplements (“Strong-aminophin! The pill that makes going to the gym as fun as…not going to the gym!”)
 

4. Bake something.


*Cough*…burn something…


5. Record a cooking show or talk show in a fake accent.


         Ours started out German and ended up somewhere between British and Swedish. Oh, and let’s not forget the homemade chef hats.


6. Make cute, pointless crafts.


         Doll dresses made from socks, a shoebox with macaroni pieces glued on it, Perler bead creations which melted into awkward shapes that were totally useless…


7. Write a song.


Like our hit single “Cinderella” we wrote when we were 13. The refrain was:

'Cause now I’m Cinderella, 
 dancing with Prince Charming.
  I never dreamed I’d be with you, 
 and the thought is kind of alarming.
 But that doesn’t matter now,
 because we are together now,
 and now I’m Cinderella.


Don’t even ask.


8. Look back on old diaries.

        
        This may be more of a girl thing, but it never fails to provide hours of entertainment. Oh, the drama of our young lives…


9. Try to write our signatures using pens in our mouths.

         
         For the times when we’re REALLY hard up for activities…just our childish side coming out.


10. Play guitar duets on the roof.
              
        Our rendition of We Are Never Getting Back Together always entertains the neighbors.



Well there you go! Hope this helps you beat the summertime blues and inspires you to do something memorable… no matter how ridiculous it seems.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This sounds amazing. You guys- are awesome. I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks:) we're definitely...different lol. we miss you guys a ton too!! it's not the same here without ya

    ReplyDelete