Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Little Things

(from Pinterest.com)

Cliché, I know. But easy to do? Not exactly.

I get tired of the ordinary... I want extraordinary
Life can seem so boring and dull sometimes. Especially on days like today, when the only things on my agenda were just the same old everyday tasks. 

And then I saw this image and it made me think again. 

Sometimes the most wonderful day isn't the one with the most exciting events, but the one with the most commonplace blessings.

*****
My mom surprising me with a delicious cup of coffee from Dunkin' Donuts this morning, for no reason.
    
Finding a new hair curler at a garage sale for a dollar.
  
Listening to my little sister and her best friend giggling together and singing their own made-up song.

Watching a beautiful summer sunset and realizing that He painted it just for me.

Rereading this sweet paragraph that my younger brother wrote about me for a school assignment last year:


Those small things can mean a lot.

*****
I know for a fact that it can be challenging to find the hidden blessings in each day...but it helps to be reminded that God can speak to us through even the most ordinary means. 

Sometimes we just need a fresh perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment