Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Snapshots

    I love those days that start out overcast and dreary, and then in a matter of minutes turn into gorgeous, sunny summer days. Today turned out to be so perfect that I can almost forgive the weather for making me feel kinda cranky this morning. Here are a few snapshots I took while enjoying the sun today...clearly, I have a hard life.

                 
Spent some time journaling...way more relaxing to do it outside.


                  Also tried out a new Organic Berry Lemonade (excuse me, "Flavored Juice Beverage"). It looked really yummy, and then I tasted it. Imagine watered-down vinegar with a squeeze of lemon and cough syrup. No wonder it was on sale for 99 cents. At least the glass looked cute.


I like how the sun brings out the natural highlights in my hair.


Seeing this lovely sunflower immediately brought to mind Matthew 6:28-29: "See the flowers of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."

Well it just goes to show you can't judge a day by how it starts.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I just died laughing about the fruit drink. That's so disgusting! :P
    IT's been sunny here too. And very, very warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeahh :P oh man that's great! hope you're staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we have a nice big pool! it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's great!! definitely a must-have in Texas in the summer lol

    ReplyDelete